Friday, April 26, 2013

Twists and turns of this roller coaster of a week.

             To say this week was surprising is an understatement. It started out ok. School was good finished my homework in class on Monday. Went to work on Tuesday it was an  o k  day. School Tuesday night was good I found out I have the highest grade in my computer class, a  98.8% .Yay Me. Wednesday was a very bad day it was raining to begin with ,I can't stand working in the rain, I was running behind a little and not really feeling like working anyway. It was alright day until I took this one delivery and was returning to my truck when I slipped off one of the steps leading to the sidewalk and could not regain my balance. I went flailing trying stop myself and hit the sidewalk with my knee while the rest of me landed in the grass and mud. My work pants have a hole in them now and the skin on my knee looks like hamburger, but it actually looks worse than it feels. Thursday was a very good day. My first run of the day I got a $35 tip and I worked for ten hours and made a hundred dollars WOO HOO!! Friday was a manic day in so much as it was a mixture of both good and bad .I got a $25 tip and I got wrote up . It has not been a very consistent  week for me.

     The new  manager came in this week in order to set up the store the so she can work more efficiently and to see who is going to be helping her get acclimated . I did not say much to her at first ,but she is a very hard worker and she is firm but fair type of boss. I explained to her my side of the story about my write up. She listened and said she would take care of it and we are starting out on a clean slate. I am going to keep my nose clean and do my job just like I always do and let the chips fall where they may. I have given my blood ,sweat, and tears and lost sleep over this job. I am not going to let an attitude ,mine or anybody else's, ruin what I have worked so hard  to overcome in myself. I had to reevaluate my work ethic and change my concept of why I work.  It is not to make a paycheck it is to provide for my family.



                         Just thought I'd share my week with you guys. Thanks for reading .

                                                Don Parnell

                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment